Tuesday, September 24, 2019

J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai fast track viewing list



We keep going back in time! This time we made a list of the most important/relevant episodes to watch of J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai 

With this Sentai it's a bit complicated to categorize which episodes are "filler" and which ones are the important ones since this show doesn't have mecha or new weapons.  With this show, we categorized as important if it includes character development, character backstory, new introductions, and departures. Also, the first episode and the final episodes.  JAKQ is the second and final Sentai created by Shotaro Ishinomori hence you won't find the typical tropes you will later see on the other shows/seasons.

Special thanks to our visitor Aly for additional comments on the list

By cutting all the episodes that we vaguely considered "filler" we cut JAKQ into 15 episodes. (The show only lasted 34 episodes)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ep. 1: 4 Cards!! The Trump is J.A.K.Q. (4カード!! 切り札はJAKQ Fō Kādo!! Kirifuda wa Jakkā)
Ep. 2: 2 Ten-Jacks!! Destroy the Secret Factory (2テンジャック!! 秘密工場を破壊せよ Tsū Tenjakku!! Himitsu Kōjō o Hakai Seyo)
Ep. 4: 1 Joker!! The Perfect Crime's Assassin (1ジョーカー!! 完全犯罪の刺客 Wan Jōkā!! Kanzen Hanzai no Shikaku)
Ep. 5: 3 Snaps!! The Ballade of Betrayal (3スナップ!! 裏切りのバラード Surī Sunappu!! Uragiri no Barādo)
Ep. 8: 6 Targets!! Exploding Flowers (6ターゲット!! 爆発する花 Shikkusu Tāgetto!! Bakuhatsu Suru Hana)
Ep. 11: 13 Jackpots!! Burn! Flames of Friendship (13ジャックポット!! 燃えよ! 友情の炎 Sātīn Jakkupotto!! Moe yo! Yūjō no Honō) 

Ep. 15: The Crimson Occult!! Ghost Story - Vampire
Ep. 20: Messenger of Darkness!! The Transparent Monster Runs the Darkness (暗黒の使者!! 透明怪物が闇を走る Ankoku no Shisha!! Tōmei Kaibutsu ga Yami o Hashiru)
Ep. 22: Big Red Counterattack!! Attack the Suicide Bomber Army (赤い大逆転! 自爆軍団を攻撃せよ Akai Dai Gyakushū!! Jibaku Gundan o Kōgeki Seyo)
Ep. 23: White Birdman! Big One (白い鳥人! ビッグワン Shiroi Chōjin! Biggu Wan)
Ep. 24: Demon? Angel?! The Marvelous Flute-Playing Man (悪魔か? 天使か?! 不思議な笛吹き男 Akuma ka? Tenshi ka?! Fujiki na Fuefuki Otoko)
Ep. 25: Victory? Death?! Demon Shogun and Mechanization Army (勝利か? 死か?! 鬼将軍と機械化軍団 Shōri ka? Shi ka?! Oni Shōgun to Kikaika Gundan)
Ep. 34: Infiltration! CRIME Fortress Island (潜入! クライム要塞島 Sennyū! Kuraimu Yōsai Shima)
Ep. 35: Big Victory! Farewell, J.A.K.Q. (大勝利! さらばジャッカー Daishōri! Saraba Jakkā)
J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai vs. Gorenger (ジャッカー電撃隊VSゴレンジャー Jakkā Dengekitai tai Gorenjā)  [ENDS JAKQ STORY]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J.A.K.Q story ends on the movie. Is not licensed in the United States.

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy! Finally find a website for help me to cut boring episodes but without lose The main stories. I Love SS but i hate filler episodes. And i have anothers things to watch, like animes too. Go ahead with this Projects! I am from Brasil, actually watching Denziman totally subtitled in BR. Send a Hello for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Greetings from Puerto Rico :) I'm so glad people are still reading this blog. Thanks for the nice words. The project will continue. It always take a bit of time while I decide which season to tackle, but you can subscribe to the blog or bookmark it so you never miss a fast track guide!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this handful list of J.A.K.Q. episodes. I watched 3 episodes of it when I was checking out some of the earliest Super Sentai and I may consider picking J.A.K.Q. back up with this filler guide.

    I'm still not done watching Hikari Sentai Maskman (I last watched Episode 16 about a week ago) but I'm having trouble which episodes should be consider filler or not since a lot of episodes I encountered in Maskman are mostly character focused: Some that seem important to know (but don't know if some things will be brought back up), some not as important but still enjoyable, but I'm not getting much plot progression and I've been a bit busy with other things. While I am still enjoying watching Maskman when I can, it seems to be a difficult season to make a filler list for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering where you were all this time! JAKQ is a bit weird... they don't have new weapons or mecha, so it was a bit difficult to write up the guide. Also the show felt on ratings and half way in they changed the tone into less serious and introduced a lot of weird things.

      In terms of Maskman, have you checked which episodes have character development? If those character focus episodes change their personalities for the better or worse, then that's an important episode. Sentai focuses a lot on developing their rangers and allies which is something they have the advantage over Power Rangers.

      Delete
    2. Here are my Hikari Sentai Maskman filler notes that I wrote down so far in Notepad++ that I'll share so far.

      "Maskman fillers

      Arguable fillers
      - Episode 5 - Akira (Blue Mask) character focused episode
      - Episode 6 - Seemingly filler but Takeru (Red Mask) obtains the God Hand technique (maybe will be mentioned later)
      - Episode 7 - Kenta (Black Mask) character focused episode
      - Episode 8 - Seemingly filler (possibly important item to unfreeze)
      - Episode 12 - Haruka (Yellow Mask) character focused
      - Episode 13 - Kenta (Black Mask) character focused?
      - Episode 16 - Kenta (Black Mask) character focused
      - Episode 17 - Takeru (Red Mask) character focused"

      Oh wait, I did watch Episode 17 but haven't updated it on MyDramaList.

      Haven't really seen anything that is definitely filler as there may be some backstory to the characters for some of these or maybe personality development. Episodes that I haven't listed up to Episode 17 are important episodes or are interesting character focused episodes (and some that I have listed may be so too).

      Delete
    3. I'll write this down to check it out when I start Maskman. I'm currently watching Jetman which I had listed, but had not started watching. After Jetman I'll probably rewatch Magiranger or Boukenger

      Delete
  4. Also, I would like to mention the image you are using for J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai is actually footage from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. How I can tell: The skirt on Big One.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a good eye! I never noticed till now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't believe it took me from August 25, 2019 to December 19, 2019 to complete Hikari Sentai Maskman. I've been on hiatus for a bit and I started binging the rest of the episodes from 30 to 41 yesterday and everything else today. My thoughts on Hikari Sentai Maskman: Not as amazing as I thought until Episode 43 onward.

    Anyway, here is my filler guide for Hikari Sentai Maskman as of now (with a few changes from what I previously posted):

    Important Maskman Episodes: 1–4, 6 (#6 compliments Maskman Ep. 27 & Gokaiger Ep. 32 with a technique learned from this episode), 9–12, 14 (#14 compliments 43-45), 19–23 (the Maskman Movie apparently takes place between 19 & 20 but I haven't seen it and I don't think the show calls back to the movie), 27–31, 35 (#35 and #14 follows up to the events of 43–45), 39, 43–45 (follow up from #35 for this mini-arc, #45 flashbacks to the events of #14), 46, 48–51.

    Filler Maskman episodes that compliments other episodes: 18 (and maybe a few other fillers recall Yellow Mask's backstory from Ep. 12 and Ep. 12 seemed like filler until then), 36 (filler episode but Ep. 49 (I think), Red Mask mentions that a "lucky charm" has been protecting him many times and while it has happened in other episodes, I'll mention that #36 was kind of one of them)

    Without my notes (if they confuse you), important Maskman episodes in a nutshell are: 1–4, 6, 9–12, 14, 19–23, 27–31, 35, 39, 43–46, 48–51

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I'll complete another season for this year (it's possible but I've been busy doing other things) but if I don't complete another season this year and within the first quarter of 2020, my next list will be Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger as I've been making a filler guide for Ryusoulger with some episodes that I'm unsure are important or fillerish (until things mentioned are brought back later).

      Delete
    2. Hi there. I finally finished watching Jetman!! After so many months putting it off. I will start with Maskman and check your list in order to publish it.

      I also started a Power Rangers filler blog if you're interested

      Delete
  7. Do you plan to cover Goranger someday? I'm watching it and I'm 32 episodes in out of 84 and despite the fact I'm liking the show overall, I really think it could be a lot shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diego! Thanks for reading us. I'll cover it right away at your request :)

      Delete
  8. Battle fever J

    Anti filler

    1, 5, 6, 19, 24, 33, 34, 37, 47, 50, 51 and 52

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good list. But I think that episode 9 could also be on this list. This is the episode where Karen's friend (Agent Nakayama) dies and she trains his younger brother (Katsuya) to enter a kung fu tournament to infiltrate the CRIME. This is also the episode where Karen needs to cut her hair for a disguise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll add it, and give you credit in the introduction

      Delete